Doctor of Audiology
Sharon Macner, Au.D. is a clinical audiologist and owner of Champlain Valley Audiology in Plattsburgh, New York. Dr. Macner earned her Doctor of Audiology degree from Central Michigan University in 2005 completing her doctoral thesis on efficacy outcomes in audiology telehealth. She earned her M.S. in Audiology from the University of Washington, Seattle in 1993 and her B.A. in Communication Disorders and Speech Science from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 1991. Immediately prior to opening Champlain Valley Audiology in 2008, Dr. Macner served on the faculty at Plattsburgh State University of NY in the Department of Communication Disorders and Sciences for more than 13 years after relocating from Southern California. Dr. Macner established Champlain Valley Audiology with the commitment that every clinical procedure must adhere to evidence-based protocol, and ensures that every treatment room is equipped with a comprehensive standard of care equipment. Dr. Macner provides hearing diagnostics and hearing aid and assistive technology programming to all ages, newborn through the lifespan. Her strongest interest and advanced training, however, is in the areas of tinnitus, sound sensitivity disorders, and auditory processing. Dr. Macner resides in Plattsburgh with her husband of over 25 years and their two children. Outside of the practice she can be found cheering at her children's athletic events or developing her CrossFit skills.
Dr. Macner can be reached at 518.324.5707 or Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org.
CREDENTIALS & AFFILIATIONS
- American Academy of Audiology Scholar Achievement 2016
- Board Certified in Audiology (Academy of Board of Audiology) 2016
- American Academy of Audiology Fellow since 2010
- Certification from the American Speech Language Hearing Association since 1993
- Professional member of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology since 2015
- Certification from the Tinnitus Practitioners Association since 2012
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy for Management of Tinnitus & Hyperacusis since 2013
- Provider of Distinction Award – Audigy Group 2014
- Outstanding Practice Achievement Award – Audigy Group 2014
- Excellence in Small Business Award – NYS Small Business Administration (SBA State Finalist) 2012