As our mission states, we are committed to providing high-quality comprehensive audiology care by meeting each patient's unique needs. Our unmatched ability to provide excellent customer service to our patients coincides with providing hearing care for all ages. This includes hearing examinations, hearing aid dispensing and fitting, hearing aid maintenance, and supplying custom hearing protection and molds. Hearing care is our specialty and helping those in the Plattsburgh and Adirondack Region that suffer from hearing loss, deafness, tinnitus, and other hearing ailments is our number one goal. Our professionally trained and board certified audiologists, Dr. Sharon Macner & Dr. Eileen Davis-Roesler, have a passion for their work and provide their patients with the best audiological services in the area.
Should You See An Audiologist?
How do you know for sure if you have a hearing loss? With the gradual rate at which hearing loss typically develops, it can sometimes be hard to tell.
The following hearing self-assessment and hearing screening can help you consider the degree of difficulty you are experiencing with your hearing and whether or not you might need a more complete hearing exam conducted by a trained professional. The questions have been adapted from a self-assessment tool created by the American Academy of Otolaryngology. Please take the time to think about each question, and find out if you should seek further help for your hearing.
When To Get A Hearing Test
Most hearing loss develops gradually, so the signs are difficult to detect. Ask yourself these questions to evaluate how you are hearing.
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice more than they use to?
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
- Do you sometimes miss key words in a sentence?
- Do you frequently need to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do you have difficulty understanding the conversation in a crowded room?
- Do you often turn the volume up on the TV or radio?
- Does background noise bother you?
- Is it sometimes hard to hear the conversation on the telephone?
- Do you sometimes not hear the doorbell or telephone ring?
- Are your family or friends complaining about your hearing?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you may want to schedule a hearing test at Champlain Valley Audiology. Through testing, an audiologist can tell you whether you have a hearing loss as well as its nature and extent. If a hearing loss is detected, an appropriate course of action will be recommended.
We encourage you to contact us about scheduling an appointment for any of our services if your hearing, even slightly, negatively affects your daily life. We hear you, and we're here for you.