Sharon Macner, Au.D., established Champlain Valley Audiology in 2008, after serving for 13 years on the faculty of the communication sciences and disorders department at SUNY Plattsburgh. She holds a bachelor’s degree in communication disorders and speech science, a master’s degree in audiology from the University of Washington, and a doctorate in audiology from Central Michigan University.
Dr. Macner stays current on the latest evidence-based protocols and state-of-the-art technology and equipment. She provides hearing evaluations and hearing technology to all ages, and she specializes in tinnitus, sound sensitivity disorders, and auditory processing.
Her passions include cheering on her children at athletic events and developing her CrossFit skills. She lives in Plattsburgh with her husband and their two children.
Credentials & Affiliations
- American Academy of Audiology Scholar Achievement, 2016
- Board Certified in Audiology (Academy of Board of Audiology), 2016
- American Academy of Audiology fellow since 2010
- Certification from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association since 1993
- Professional member of the Academy of Doctors of Audiology since 2015
- Certification from the Tinnitus Practitioners Association since 2012
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy for Management of Tinnitus & Hyperacusis since 2013
- Provider of Distinction Award – Audigy Group, 2014
- Outstanding Practice Achievement Award – Audigy Group, 2014
- Excellence in Small Business Award – NYS Small Business Administration (SBA State Finalist), 2012